Tour de Marsh
June 4th 8:00 to 1:00 pm
The summer "Tour de Marsh Kick-off" bicycle ride is held on June 4th from 8 am to 1 pm. This event is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who wish to see the beautiful marsh and the town all in one ride. The Horicon Marsh has been named one of the "10 Most Incredible Natural Wonders in Wisconsin". Tour de Marsh allows bicyclists to exprience the Marsh in a fun and new way!
There are five start/rest stations for cyclists and drivers will be set up along the route. Each starting/rest stop will have parking, refreshments, maps, information cards, stamp cards and restrooms available. A map/brochure is available in advance or on the day of the event.
Participants can start at any one of the five stations and then proceed on their tour. Every participant who gets his card stamped at each of the five start/rest stops will be entered into a drawing. Riders can vary their ride from 8 miles to 38 miles in length.
These five start/rest stations are:
- Horicon National Wildlife Refuge hiking trail parking lot off of Highway 49. Guided tours start here from 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- "Chances Bar & Grill", N8592 Front St. in Burnett on Highway 26
- "Rock River Tap", 110 W. Lake St. in Horicon (County Highway E turns into Lake Street)
- Horicon Marsh Education and Visitor Center, N7725 Highway 28 between Horicon and Mayville
- Horicon National Wildlife Refuge Office and Visitor Center off County Highway Z (W4279 Headquarters Road)
Other featured stops along the route are Ledge Park and Marsh Haven. Prime overlooks like Palmatory St., Bayview Rd., and Cooks Nature Trail will insure that visitors see beautiful views of the marsh and country side. Guided tours at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. are happening on the north end of the marsh off of highway 49 at the Horicon National Wildlife Refuge.
Call Horicon Chamber of Commerce for more information at (920) 485 3200 or the Horicon Marsh Education and Visitors Center at (920) 387 7893.